Updating Antivirus Programs and Information
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are not running any antivirus program on your computer, GET SOME NOW! If you are connected to the Internet without an antivirus program, there is a 99.9999% chance that your system is infected with one or more viruses.
To check to see if your Virus Definitions are up-to-date, open Norton Antivirus. You should see a line which reads, "Using virus definitions dated 00/00/00." If your date is more than 7 days old, update your virus definitions NOW! To update:
To configure your Norton Antivirus Program to scan all files on your computer, go to the Norton web site and follow their online directions.
- go to the Norton web site
- click on Download Virus Definitions under Security Response Tools
- click on Download Virus Definitions (Intelligent Updater Only)
- click on Download Updates (note the location of the saved file on your computer)
- after download is complete, double-click the file you just saved and follow the prompts
- check Norton to be sure it displays the most current virus definitions.
McAfee Antivirus Program
Currently, we do not use the McAfee program; therefore, you must refer to their Web Site for information on their program. We apologize for any inconvenience.